Tuesday, July 1, 2008

a short search for the simple things...

To start my search for the simple things...I took a look at my own environment first.
Two things came to mind.
The first is organization. while it seems the opposite of simple, and sometimes finding organization is extremely confusing, stressful, and complicated. However, when it is found, it can be one of the most simplified pleasures, especially in the home. I took the afternoon to go through my overwhelming t-shirt, tank top and comfy-pants drawers to purge all of the absolute *crap*that I've been collecting for years.


the result: a breath a fresh air.




Now while I probably seem like a nut-job to everyone in the world for finding a sense of nirvana after organizing my clothes (that should have already been organized in the first place), it made me proud and definitely gave me an amazing sense of clarity.


The second thing that gives me absolute joy in life is a basic, simple, vanilla iced coffee from Starbucks. MAN. Nothing can give me such a surge of relaxation than a fresh, iced cold cup of goodness. On the other side of the spectrum, there are few things that are as sad as the very last sip of vanilla caffeinated goodness.

Now yes, when I go to Starbucks myself and order my frosty beverage myself, its great. BUT, what an ecstatic feeling can come from someone loving you enough to bring a surprise delivery of the goodness-in-a-cup :)

0 Comments: